The lastest installment of the Command & Conquer RTS games is due for release on the 26th of March. I decided to take a peek at the new game and if I should buy it soon.
After a hefty 1.2GB download, i installed the demo (all 2.7GB of it) and started up the game.
The tutorial and fire training level are very good and give nice introduction on how things are managed. the one key element that you will notice is that the mouse button are reversing roles again (compared to those in Generals). It took me a good while to get into the flow of the battle but i have to admit, it was difficult to stop once started.
In addtional to the normal DVD version there appears to be a Kane edition, witha few extras that will cost another £3 on the cost of the game.
Here are the minimum Specs:
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit; 64-bit versions of Vista are not supported)
- CPU: 2.0GHz or high, or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 512 MB or more
- Disk Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive for retail SKUs, not required for digitally downloaded version
- Hard Drive: 8.0 GB or more of free space
- Video: GeForce4, ATI Radeon 8500 or greater (ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX cards not supported.)
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Network, Internet Multiplayer: 2 players (no voice support) – 56 Kbps Internet connection; 2-8 players (with voice transmission) – Broadband-class connection
Another Beast on DVD is seems.