The last three months have been very busy on the work front with a very tight deadline project that has been rather taxing, plus on call has been manic in May. Also I was diverting a lot of energy into driving lessons, theory and practical test preparations but happily I sat my driving test and passed on the second attempt.
Awesomely my father in law donated his car to me which was great and saved me quite a bit of hassle finding a car.
So after spending my annual bonus on car insurance and tax we undertook an adventure to Bluestone with family and friends. Of course every holiday experience has to start with hiccup and this one was no different with a bolt that holds the gear pivot shearing off and me having to call out the Breakdown service, thankfully it was repairable.
After 1 month driving I still dislike it, but do enjoy the hour or so I have reclaimed on my daily commute.
I haven’t really been playing much in the way of social games recently, my Game List in the sidebar is likely very out of date.
- Battlefield 4 – After the worst start in FPS history I decided that my trigger finger was wasting away. I have been playing a few nights a week as a drop in game.
- Dreamfall Chapters – Man this game is so detailed at times, a great follow up the previous games in the series.
- Always Sometimes Monsters – Part of me thinks this game is an old school masterpiece reskinned, but maybe not. Very good and harrowing story.
- Space Run – A fun tower defense game that seeing you having to adapt mid level to counter opposing forces.
- Kentucky Route Zero – I’ve only just started making my way through this interesting story.
We headed down to Rules of Play in Cardiff twice in the last 2 months, damn that shop has alot of choice and it maybe a few pound more than Amazon but supporting a “local” business is more important, plus you get to browse.
In the digital age I buy my Computer games and Music via download outlets but with physical copies of tabletop games it’s nice to read the blurbs and ask a real person about a game rather that taking those Amazon feedback scores as gospel.
This last month we have obtained:
- Love Letter
- Race to Adventure
- The Cave
- Bucket of Doom
- Zombie Dice 3
- Tsuro of the Seas
plus our wedding anniversary gifts
- Hobbit Love Letter
- Machi Koro
We’ve had a great time playing through them all recently and some of our existing games too.