It’s now? Right?
Welcome to the year 2020, YAY! We are officially living in the future, Now I just need my hover car and house in the clouds.
In all seriousness at least we aren’t all eating Soylent Green or glued to our Three-Dimensional Interactive Television’s like Harry Harrison and Ray Bradbury predicted…
Welcome to this, the compulsory first blog post of the year, which is of course rather late.
January is one of the busiest periods in my workplace so all the best will in the world doesn’t allow me to conjure up more time to devote to may extra activities.
February is usually dominated by our Charity Gaming Marathon weekend, however this year we also managed air travel and attending a wedding alongside all the normal madness.
The wedding was a blast and we all had a lovely time catching up with friends. Travel home was to a different airport as they had cancelled our flight, but the taxi driver played games and ESO so the 4 hour journey wasn’t too taxing.
The GameBlast20 Charity event went rather smoothly, in the past Munki and I often run a donation page each and stream in parallel over the weekend. This year we had a re-think of our approach and run a single donation page and run our stream in a relay fashion.
This year our charity team Digital Rogues did fantastically well, raising a wonderful £1,228.27 for Special Effect.
This year will see the 20th anniversary of me registering welshtroll.co.uk domain, I may not post as frequently as I used to but I still want to try and commit to posting on some kind of schedule this year, which leads me nicely on to…
I wanted to write down my goals for this year, they aren’t anything too crazy but it will give me some focus throughout the year.
- Redesign my Monster of the Week Templates for Roll20 – I kind of cheated on this goal as I started working on it in January, the bulk is completed I need to do some further clean up of the code and CSS.
- I would like to flesh out more of the CyberPunk RPG world I started building last year, I am still adding additional elements into Kanka.io as they occur to me, however I’d like to dedicate some time to detailing more of the backstory and global history.
- Replace my car – I have had this car for 5 years now and I need to start thinking about an upgrade, however I tend to spend again mulling over the details.
- Think about a gaming themed tattoo, I have many ideas but I want to get a final shortlist of themes that I’m wanting to get, then decide on one.
- Post at least once a Month, was going to aim for once a fortnight but I want to at least give myself some wiggle room.
I’ll sign off with the title song of this post.